People say that Kedrick's paintings have a reminiscence to Jackson Pollock's style.
- When you tell or think back on a story about your childhood, this is an example of a reminiscence.
- When the works of a new artist resemble or bring to mind the works of an existing artist, this is an example of reminiscence.
The definition of a reminiscence is a memory, or a story about past events, or something that brings to mind another thing.
- the act of remembering or recollecting past experiences
- a memory or recollection
- [pl.] an account, written or spoken, of remembered experiences
- something that suggests or recalls something else; reminder
Origin of reminiscenceFrench réminiscence from Late Latin remeniscentia: see reminiscent
- The act or process of recollecting past experiences or events.
- An experience or event recollected: “Her mind seemed wholly taken up with reminiscences of past gaiety” ( Charlotte Brontë )
- often reminiscences A narration of past experiences.
- An event that brings to mind a similar, former event.