This vintage Italian motorcycle is a retrospective look at the way they were designed in the early 20th century.
- When you are interviewed about past events, this is an example of a retrospective interview.
- An art exhibit showing an artists early works progressing to the artist's most recent works is an example of a retrospective exhibit.
- looking back on or directed to the past, past events, etc.
- looking or directed backward: a retrospective view of the river
- applying to the past; retroactive
Origin of retrospectiveretrospect + -ive
- Looking back on, contemplating, or directed to the past.
- Looking or directed backward.
- Applying to or influencing the past; retroactive.
- Of, relating to, or being a retrospective: a retrospective art exhibition.
(comparative more retrospective, superlative most retrospective)
retrospect+-ive. from Latin retrospectare