- covered with trees; wooded
- consisting of or forming wood; ligneous: a woody plant
- like or characteristic of wood: a woody texture, color, etc.
- having the taste or smell of wood from the barrels used to age it: said of wine
Informal a station wagon with exterior wood paneling
- Forming or consisting of wood; ligneous: woody tissue.
- Marked by the presence of wood or xylem: woody plants.
- Characteristic or suggestive of wood: a woody smell.
- Abounding in trees; wooded.
nounalso wood·ie pl. wood·ies
- A station wagon with exterior wood paneling.
- Vulgar Slang An erection of the penis.
(comparative woodier, superlative woodiest)
wood +"Ž -y