The guide gave the group of protective students a tour of the college campus.
- An example of someone prospective is a potential new client; a prospective client.
- An example of someone prospective is a student looking at colleges; a prospective student.
Prospective is defined as likely or expected.
- looking toward the future
- expected; likely; future
Origin of prospectiveLate Latin prospectivus from prospectus: see prospect
- Likely or expected to happen.
- Likely to become or be: prospective clients.
prospective - Legal Definition
Effective in the future. Newly enacted laws and constitutional decisions are almost always applied prospectively.