Retro clothing in a retro setting.
- The definition of retro is of a past time.
An example of retro used as an adjective is in the phrase "retro clothes," which means clothes of a style in the past.
Origin of retro-Classical Latin ; from retro, backward ; from re-, back + -tro, as in intro-
- Retroactive: retro pay.
- Involving, relating to, or reminiscent of an earlier time; retrospective: “As is often the case in retro fashion, historical accuracy is somewhat beside the point” (New York Times).
- Backward; back: retrorocket.
- Situated behind: retrolental.
- Contrary to a usual or natural course or direction: retrograde.
- Resulting from or effected by reverse transcription: retroelement.
Origin of retro-Latin retrō-, from retrō, backward, behind; see re- in Indo-European roots.
(comparative more retro, superlative most retro)
(plural retros or retroes)
From French rÃ©tro.