- The definition of retro is of a past time.
An example of retro used as an adjective is in the phrase "retro clothes," which means clothes of a style in the past.
Retro clothing in a retro setting.
retro definition by Webster's New World
Origin: Classical Latin ; from retro, backward ; from re-, back plush -tro, as in intro-
retro definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Retroactive: retro pay.
- Involving, relating to, or reminiscent of things past; retrospective: “As is often the case in retro fashion, historical accuracy is somewhat beside the point” (New York Times).
- Backward; back: retrorocket.
- Situated behind: retrolental.
- Contrary to a usual or natural course or direction: retrograde.
Origin: Latin retrō-, from retrō, backward, behind; see re- in Indo-European roots.
retro - Computer Definition
retro - Medical Definition
- Backward; back: retroposition.
- Situated behind: retroperitoneum.