The definition of retro is of a past time.adjective
An example of retro used as an adjective is in the phrase "retro clothes," which means clothes of a style in the past.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
noun pl. retros
Origin: L < retro, backward < re-, back + -tro, as in intro-
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Retroactive: retro pay.
- Involving, relating to, or reminiscent of things past; retrospective: “As is often the case in retro fashion, historical accuracy is somewhat beside the point” (New York Times).
- Backward; back: retrorocket.
- Situated behind: retrolental.
- Contrary to a usual or natural course or direction: retrograde.
Origin: Latin retrō-, from retrō, backward, behind; see re- in Indo-European roots.
retro - Computer Definition
Computer Desktop Encyclopedia
THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.
© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.
retro - Medical Definition
- Backward; back: retroposition.
- Situated behind: retroperitoneum.