- The definition of dandy is something that is excellent.
When you are having a good day, this is an example of a time when you are feeling dandy.
- Dandy is defined as a very well-dressed, well-mannered man.
An example of a dandy is a man wearing a suit, shirt, tie, polished shoes and a hat.
- a man who pays too much attention to his clothes and appearance; fop
- a meticulously well-dressed man
- a kind of British yawl or ketch
- Informal something very good or first-rate
Origin of dandyfrom uncertain or unknown; perhaps playful Scottish form of Andy from Andrew: see merry-andrew
- Rare of or for a dandy; foppish
- Informal very good; first-rate
- A man who affects extreme elegance in clothes and manners; a fop.
- Something very good or agreeable.
- Nautical See yawl.
- Suggestive of or attired like a dandy; foppish.
- Fine; good.
Origin of dandyPerhaps short for jack-a-dandy fop
(comparative dandier, superlative dandiest)
- Like a dandy, foppish.
- Very good; better than expected but not as good as could be.
- That's all fine and dandy, but how much does it cost?
- Almost first rate.
- What a dandy little laptop you have.
- A man very concerned about his clothes and his appearance.
- (UK, nautical) A yawl, or a small after-sail on a yawl.
- A dandy roller.