- The definition of beau refers to a man who a woman is dating or to a man who pays too much attention to how he looks.
- An example of a beau is the man who regularly takes a woman out to dinner and gives her flowers.
- An example of a beau is a man who spends hours in front of the mirror grooming himself.
A young woman and her beau.
nounpl. beaus beaus or beaux
- A male companion or friend with whom one has a sexual or romantic relationship.
- A dandy; a fop.
Origin of beauFrench, from beau, bel, handsome, from Latin bellus; see deu-2 in Indo-European roots.
(plural beaux or beaus)
- A male given name used since mid-twentieth century.