- The definition of a girlfriend is the female friend with whom someone has a regular or exclusive romantic or sexual relationship.
- If you are a woman, another woman who you go to the movies with regularly and who you see for coffee and chats is an example of your girlfriend.
- If you are a man, a woman who you have been dating exclusively for three months is an example of your girlfriend.
A man with his girlfriend.
girlfriend definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a sweetheart of a boy or man
- a girl who is someone's friend
- a woman friend of a woman
girlfriend definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A favored female companion or sweetheart.
- A female friend.