- The definition of boo is a way to show disapproval, or to scare or surprise someone.
- An example of boo is to what a man said when the speaker said something he thought was shameful.
- An example of boo is what a child says when they jump out from a hiding place.
- Boo is defined as a term of endearment for a boyfriend or girlfriend, a sound make to show disapproval of something that was said, or is slang for marijuana.
- An example of a boo is what a boy might call his girlfriend that he loves very much.
- An example of a boo is the sound made by an audience who does agree with the speaker.
- An example of a boo is a reefer cigarette.
- To boo is to make a sound of disapproval.
An example of boo is what a crowd does to show their dislike of what a speaker says.
A crowd says boo to the performance.Licensed from iStockPhoto
- used to express disapproval, scorn, etc.: a prolonged sound
- used to startle someone: an abrupt exclamation
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
noun pl. boos boos
- A sound uttered to show contempt, scorn, or disapproval.
- Informal Any sound or word: You never said boo to me about overtime.
Origin: Origin unknown.