⌂ or boo′boo·
- Slang a stupid or foolish mistake; blunder
- a minor injury or bruise: chiefly a child's usage
Origin of boo-boo; from baby talk
nounpl. boo-boos also boo·boos Informal
- A slight physical injury, such as a scratch.
- A stupid mistake; a blunder.
Origin of boo-booPerhaps alteration of boohoo, to weep noisily.
- Alternative spelling of boo-boo.
Sometimes used sarcastically when the speaker believes the listener is overreacting to a very minor injury, as in Aw, did the little boy get a boo-boo?