- The definition of a holler is a loud shout, cry or call.
A telephone call is an example of a holler.
- Holler is defined as to yell, shout or call to someone.
When you yell at your child, this is an example of a time when you holler at your child.
A kid hollers.
Origin of holleraltered ; from hollo, holla
- a shout or yell
- ☆ a working song sung by U.S. black field workers
verbhol·lered, hol·ler·ing, hol·lers
- To yell or shout.
- Informal To complain.
- A yell or shout; a call.
- Informal A complaint or gripe.
Origin of hollerFrom obsolete hollo, hail!, stop!; see hello.
& n.Chiefly Upper Southern US
(third-person singular simple present hollers, present participle hollering, simple past and past participle hollered)
- (Southern US, Appalachia) Alternative form of hollow (small valley between mountains).
- (dialectal, chiefly Southern US, Appalachia) Alternative form of hollow..
- the holler tree
Variation of hollow.