- The definition of a squawk is a loud and unpleasant cry.
An example of a squawk is the noise a crow makes when calling other crows.
- Squawk is defined as to produce a loud and unpleasant cry.
An example of squawk is a parrot crying out loudly to get your attention.
- to utter a loud, harsh cry, as a parrot or chicken does
- ⌂ Informal to complain or protest, esp. in a loud or raucous voice
Origin of squawkechoic
- a loud, harsh cry
- ⌂ Informal a loud, raucous complaint or protest
- ⌂ the black-crowned night heron
verbsquawked, squawk·ing, squawks
- To utter a harsh scream; screech.
- Informal To complain or protest noisily or peevishly.
- A loud screech.
- A noisy complaint.
Origin of squawkImitative.
(third-person singular simple present squawks, present participle squawking, simple past and past participle squawked)