A comic cat.
- of, like, or having to do with comedy
- amusing or intended to be amusing; humorous; funny
- of comic strips or cartoons
Origin of comicMiddle English comice ; from Classical Latin comicus ; from Classical Greek kōmikos ; from kōmos, revel
- a comedian
- the humorous element in art or life
- comic strip or comic book
- a section of comic strips, as in a newspaper
- Characteristic of or having to do with comedy.
- Of or relating to comic strips.
- Amusing; humorous: a comic situation involving the family's pets.
- a. A comedian.b. A person whose behavior elicits laughter.
- a. comics Comic strips.b. A comic book.
- A source of humor in art or life.
Origin of comicMiddle English comice, from Latin cōmicus, from Greek kōmikos, from kōmos, revel.
(comparative more comic, superlative most comic)
From Latin comicus, from Ancient Greek κωμικός (komikos, “relating to comedy”), from κῶμος (kōmos, “carousal”).