A comic cat.
comic definition by Webster's New World
- of, like, or having to do with comedy
- amusing or intended to be amusing; humorous; funny
- of comic strips or cartoons
Origin: Middle English comice ; from Classical Latin comicus ; from Classical Greek kōmikos ; from kōmos, revel
- a comedian
- the humorous element in art or life
- comic strip or comic book
- a section of comic strips, as in a newspaper
comic definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Characteristic of or having to do with comedy.
- Of or relating to comic strips.
- Amusing; humorous: a comic situation involving the family's pets.
- a. A comedian.b. A person whose behavior elicits laughter.
- a. comics Comic strips.b. A comic book.
- A source of humor in art or life.
Origin: Middle English comice, from Latin cōmicus, from Greek kōmikos, from kōmos, revel.