This man is laughing.
- The definition of laughing is something said, or sounding, like sounds of joy.
An example of a laughing person is someone who cannot stop giggling.
- Laughing is defined as the production of joyous sounds.
An example of laughing is giggling.
- that laughs or makes a sound like laughter: a laughing brook
- uttered with laughter: a laughing remark
- The action of the verb to laugh.
- Present participle of laugh.
As with other present participles, laughing can be used as an adjective:
- The Laughing Cavalier
- laughing hyena
Likewise, as with other gerunds, laughing can be used as a verbal noun:
- Laughing could be heard all the way from the back of the room!
laugh + -ing