- a person who jokes
- ☆ a cunningly worded provision put into a law, legal document, etc. to make it different from what it seems to be
- ☆ any hidden, unsuspected difficulty
- ☆ an extra playing card, usually with a conventionalized picture of a court jester on it, used in some games as the highest trump or as a wild card
- Slang a person, fellow, etc.; esp., one deserving contempt, as because of being foolish, inept, or disagreeable
- a. One who tells or plays jokes.b. An insolent person who seeks to make a show of cleverness.c. Informal An annoying or inept person: Some joker is blocking my driveway.
- Games A playing card, usually printed with a picture of a jester, used in certain games as the highest-ranking card or as a wild card.
- A clause that is included in a legislative bill or a contract in order to render the bill or contract inoperative or oppressive in some respect while appearing to be innocuous until the harm has been done.
- An unforeseen but important difficulty, fact, or circumstance.
- A deceptive means of getting the better of someone.