- one that kicks
- Informal an outboard motor
- a surprise ending, ironic twist, etc.
- a hidden, unsuspected point or difficulty
- One that kicks: stayed clear of the donkey known to be a kicker; the team's kicker who kicks field goals.
- Informal a. A sudden, surprising turn of events or ending; a twist.b. A tricky or concealed condition; a pitfall: “The kicker is that the relationship of guide and seeker gets all mixed up with a confusing male-female attachment” ( Gail Sheehy )
- A condition that imposes an automatic increase, as in a pension plan.
- A small outboard motor.
kicker - Investment & Finance Definition
An extra feature added to a note or bond that provides additional incentive for an investor to purchase it. Often, the kicker will be a provision that lets the investor take a portion of the note or bond and exchange it for equity.