- (computing) A noninteractive text editor (originally developed in Unix), intended for making systematic edits in an automatic or batch-oriented way.
(third-person singular simple present seds, present participle sedding, simple past and past participle sedded)
- (neologism, slang) To edit a file or stream of text using sed.
- Can you sed out those trailing spaces, please?
From stream editor.
- (electronics) surface-conduction electron-emitter display
- (astronomy, physics) spectral energy distribution
sed - Computer Definition
(1) (Stream EDitor) A Unix text editor that processes an entire file. It is the stream-oriented version of ed, an earlier text editor. Sed executes ed commands, but instead of editing one line at a time, sed applies the commands to the whole file.
(2) (SED) See surface-conduction electron-emitter display.