- (computing) A noninteractive text editor (originally developed in Unix), intended for making systematic edits in an automatic or batch-oriented way.
(third-person singular simple present seds, present participle sedding, simple past and past participle sedded)
- (neologism, slang) To edit a file or stream of text using sed.
- Can you sed out those trailing spaces, please?
From stream editor.
- (electronics) surface-conduction electron-emitter display
- (astronomy, physics) spectral energy distribution