The definition of unremitting is persistent or not letting up.
An example of unremitting is rain that hasn't stopped for several days.
Never slackening; persistent.
- He now set to work to repair his fortune by unremitting literary labour.
- At the end of 17 51 he was in Wittenberg again, where he spent about a year engaged in unremitting study and research.
- To the army he gave unremitting attention, reviewing it at regular intervals, and sternly punishing negligence on the part of the officers.
- Generally it may be said that throughout his long reign Francis Joseph remained the real ruler of his dominions; he not only kept in his hands the appointment and dismissal of his ministers, but himself directed their policy, and owing to the great knowledge of affairs, the unremitting diligence and clearness of apprehension, to which all who transacted business with him have borne testimony, lie was able to keep a very real control even of the details of government.
- His unremitting labours impaired his health and shortened his splendid career at Durham.