Parents and children - domestic relations.
- Domestic is defined as something related to the home or family, something occurring within a country, an animal that has been tamed, or a person who is fond of the tasks of running a home.
- Family relations are an example of domestic relations.
- Terrorism that occurs within your own country is referred to as domestic terrorism.
- A dog that is kept as a house pet is an example of a domestic animal.
- A woman who likes to cook and clean and bake is an example of someone who is domestic.
- The definition of domestic is a product made in your home country, or a person hired to do household work such as cleaning.
- An example of a domestic is a product made in the United States.
- An example of a domestic is a housekeeper.
- having to do with the home or housekeeping; of the house or family: domestic joys
- of one's own country or the country referred to
- made or produced in the home country; native: domestic wine
- domesticated; tame: said of animals
- enjoying and attentive to the home and family life
Origin of domesticMiddle English from Old French domestique from Classical Latin domesticus from domus: see dome
- a servant for the home, as a maid or cook
- [pl.] native products
- [pl.] sheets, blankets, towels, etc.
- Of or relating to the family or household: domestic chores.
- Fond of home life and household affairs.
- Tame or domesticated. Used of animals.
- Of or relating to a country's internal affairs: domestic issues such as tax rates and highway construction.
- Produced in or indigenous to a particular country: domestic oil; domestic wine.
- A household servant.
- often domestics Household linens.
- A product or substance discovered in, developed in, or exported from a particular country.
Origin of domesticMiddle English from Old French domestique from Latin domesticus from domus house ; see dem- in Indo-European roots.
(comparative more domestic, superlative most domestic)
domestic - Legal Definition
Pertaining to the internal affairs or products of a country; relating to matters of the family.