- made at home or on the premises
- as if made at home; esp., plain, simple, or crude
- Made or prepared in the home or on the premises where sold: homemade pie.
- Crudely or simply made, especially by oneself: a homemade raft.
(comparative more homemade, superlative most homemade)
(comparative more home-made, superlative most home-made)
- Alternative form of homemade.
- They sold like homemade ice cream on a summer day.
- After homemade chicken soup and a grilled cheese sandwiches we returned to the office.
- The displays of fruit and vegetables, homemade food, crafts, and other items soon enthralled her.
- The homemade ice cream stand drew her attention, and she crossed to it.
- Unwilling to let the weirdness ruin her day, Deidre dismissed the strange exchange, distracted by the smells coming from a display of homemade candles.