- The definition of a servant is someone who performs work or tasks for another person.
Someone who acts as a maid or a butler is a servant.
A butler is a servant.
servant definition by Webster's New World
- a person employed to perform services, esp. household duties, for another
- a person employed by a government
- a person devoted to another or to a cause, creed, etc.
Origin: Middle English ; from Old French ; from present participle of servir ; from Classical Latin servire, to serve
servant definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- One who is privately employed to perform domestic services.
- One who is publicly employed to perform services, as for a government.
- One who expresses submission, recognizance, or debt to another: your obedient servant.
Origin: Middle English, from Old French, from present participle of servir, to serve; see serve.
servant - Computer Definition
servant - Legal Definition