- The definition of a varlet is a man or a boy who acts as a servant, or a dishonest or deceitful man.
- A butler who takes care of your every need is an example of a varlet.
- A young boy who serves as a knight's page is an example of a varlet.
- A man who lies about his age and income in order to try to scam rich women of their fortunes is an example of a varlet.
- an attendant
- a youth serving as a knight's page
- a scoundrel; knave
Origin of varletMiddle English ; from Old French a servant, page, variant, variety of vaslet (see valet): for sense development see knave
- An attendant or servant.
- A knight's page.
- A rascal; a knave.
Origin of varletMiddle English, from Old French, variant of vaslet; see valet.
From Old French varlet. Compare valet.