a person who manages a household; esp., a woman hired to do this
- One who is employed to perform or direct the domestic tasks in a household.
- A housewife or househusband.
- An employee of an establishment, such as a hospital, inn, or hotel, who performs or coordinates housekeeping tasks.
- One who looks after the home by herself; either as a wife or a hired servant.
- She was their third housekeeper, but after a month or so she also gave up.
- A woman who supervises the female domestic staff of a large home.
- One who supervises the cleaning staff of a hospital, hotel, or similar business.