- a person hired to take care of something or someone, esp. of a house, estate, etc. for an owner who is not always in residence; custodian
- a person temporarily carrying out the duties as of an office
- a person who takes care of someone else; often, specif., caregiver
This nurse is acting as caretaker for her elderly patient.
- The definition of caretaker is having power that is not permanent.
An example of caretaker used as an adjective is in the phrase "caretaker director," which means a temporary director.
- Caretaker is defined as a person who tends to someone or something.
An example of a caretaker is a nurse who assists the elderly.
- One that is employed to look after or take charge of goods, property, or a person; a custodian.
- One that temporarily performs the duties of an office: The government resigned, but the premier served as caretaker until new leaders could be elected.
- Temporary, on a short term basis.
- Johnson had to be drafted in as the caretaker manager after Hewlett resigned without warning the day before the final.
- A child experiencing a night terror will be difficult to awaken or comfort, will not recognize her parent or caretaker, and will usually have no memory of the terrifying emotions that caused the sleep disturbance.
- When both the Maquis ship and Voyager are seized by the enigmatic Caretaker entity and thrown to the far side of the galaxy, Torres is taken from the ship for various medical tests.
- Very young children who lack the verbal skills to describe the frightening dream may require more reassurances that they are safe and more time in the comforting presence of a parent or caretaker before they are ready to return to bed.
- The Caretaker products are manufactured by Polaris, a portion of the Zodiac Pool Systems, Inc. Zodiac is an Australian corporation that was established 25 years ago, and is currently a leading supplier of pool equipment.
- Here you can find a striped note pad for about $12.00, order a Babysitter Message Pad for your favorite caretaker, or browse some of the books written by Spade's own design team.