- A fund manager who is responsible for investing money and assets belonging to investors is an example of a custodian.
- A janitor at a school who cleans the school and performs maintenance work is an example of a custodian.
- a person who has the custody or care of something, as of a private library; caretaker; keeper
- a person or firm having a legal duty to protect and, often, manage specified assets of an individual or group
- a person responsible for the care and maintenance of a building; janitor
Origin of custodian; from custody
- One that has charge of something; a caretaker: the custodian of a minor child's estate; the custodian of an absentee landlord's property.
- A janitor: worked nights as custodian of a high school.
custodian - Investment & Finance Definition
A bank or financial institution that holds stock certificates or other investment documents for individuals, corporations, or mutual funds.