This man is part of a hotel's housekeeping staff.
- An example of housekeeping is the cleaning of your bathroom.
- An example of housekeeping is the maid in the hotel who cleans rooms.
The definition of housekeeping is doing basic cleaning tasks in a house, hotel or other locations, or the department of employees who manage and perform cleaning tasks.
- the work of a housekeeper
- the department or staff at a hotel or motel responsible for cleaning guest rooms and public areas, changing linens, etc.
- internal management of affairs, as of a business
- Performance or management of household tasks.
- Management and maintenance of the property of an institution or organization.
- Routine tasks and procedures carried out in the functioning of an operation or system.
- A department in a hotel or institution that is in charge of cleaning and minor maintenance.
(countable and uncountable, plural housekeepings)
- The chores of maintaining a house as a residence, especially cleaning.
- Any general tasks that involve preparation.
- The computer program does some general housekeeping involving initializing variables and opening files before beginning the main processing.
- Hospitality; a liberal and hospitable table; a supply of provisions.