- Husbandry is defined as managing resources or caring for animals and crops.
- Thrifty management of a household is an example of husbandry.
- The practice of managing a farm, growing crops and breeding animals is an example of husbandry.
- Archaic management of domestic affairs, resources, etc.
- careful, thrifty management; thrift; frugality
- the science or art of farming
Origin: Middle English husbonderie: see husband
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a. The act or practice of cultivating crops and breeding and raising livestock; agriculture.b. The application of scientific principles to agriculture, especially to animal breeding.
- Careful management or conservation of resources; economy.
Origin: Middle English husbondri, from huseband, husband; see husband.
husbandry - Science Definition
Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.