The definition of management is the way something is handled, careful treatment, supervising skills, or those in charge of a business or group.noun
- An example of management is how a person handles their personal finances.
- An example of management is the show of concern when dealing with something fragile.
- An example of management is how a skillful supervisor handles a difficult situation.
- An example of management is the CEO of an organization.
- the act, art, or manner of managing, or handling, controlling, directing, etc.
- skillful managing; careful, tactful treatment
- skill in managing; executive ability
- the person or persons managing a business, institution, etc.
- such persons collectively, regarded as a distinct social group
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- The act, manner, or practice of managing; handling, supervision, or control: management of a crisis; management of factory workers.
- The person or persons who control or direct a business or other enterprise.
- Skill in managing; executive ability.
management - Business Definition
- The core decision-making personnel within an organization.
- Directing and coordinating resources in an attempt to attain a defined set of goals.
management - Cultural Definition
The body of individuals who run major businesses, usually without owning them but often with the reward of stock options.