- the business of operating a farm (noun & )
- the letting out to farm of land, revenue, etc.
A man engaged in farming.
- The definition of farming is for agricultural purposes.
An example of farming used as an adjective is in the phrase "farming money," which means money that a family uses for their livestock-raising ventures.
- Farming is defined as the business of raising livestock and/or plants.
An example of farming is raising dairy cows.
of or for agriculture
farming - Computer Definition
- The conversation drifted from farming to the weather.
- Those who argue they should not say there is no way for poor countries to compete with mechanized Western farming and the extremely high yields it produces.
- The farming industry is not, however, on a satisfactory basis.
- The chief occupation followed is sheep-farming, the pasturage being excellent.
- The rich pastoral regions where dairy-farming and the fattening of cattle are carried on with most success, viz.