agrarian[ə grer′ē ən]
- The definition of agrarian is relating to land, the ownership of land or to farming.
A town based around farming is an example of an agrarian community.
- relating to land or to the ownership or division of land
- of agriculture or farmers generally
- promoting land reform or the interests of farmers
Origin of agrarian; from Classical Latin agrarius ; from ager, a field: see acre
a person who advocates agrarian reform, esp. a more equitable division of land
- Relating to the cultivation of land; agricultural: an agrarian economy.
- Relating to or concerning the land and its ownership, cultivation, and tenure: agrarian reform.
A person who favors equitable distribution of land.
Origin of agrarianFrom Latin agrārius, relating to the land, from ager, agr-, field; see agro- in Indo-European roots.
(comparative more agrarian, superlative most agrarian)
- A person who advocates the political interests of working farmers