- The definition of grazing is eating small amounts of food throughout the day or when animals eat grass in a pasture.
- An example of grazing is snacking on some carrots before lunch and then eating a few cubes of cheese for lunch.
- An example of grazing is a cow eating grass in a field.
grazing definition by Webster's New World
- land to graze on; pasture
- Informal the eating of snacks all day long or the eating of small portions of different foods
Variant of graze
transitive verb grazed, grazing
- to feed on (growing grass, herbage, a pasture, etc.)
- to put livestock to feed on (growing grass, herbage, etc.)
- to tend (feeding livestock)
- to feed on the pasturage of (land)
Origin: Middle English grasen ; from Old English grasian ; from base of græs, gærs, grass
- to feed on growing grass, etc.
- to snack all day instead of eating regular meals
- to eat small portions of different foods, as appetizers or samples of entrees
- grazer noun