- the act of a person or thing that scrapes
- the sound of this
- [usually pl.] something scraped off, together, or up
- Present participle of scrape.
- The act by which something is scraped.
- What has been removed when something has been scraped.
- the scrapings of roads and ditches
scraping - Computer Definition
(1) Extracting data from output sent to the screen or printer rather than from the original files or databases. Scraping is a way to obtain data from any source without having access to the original file, but only at the time it is being printed or displayed Scraping differs from capturing the screen. A screen capture creates an image of the screen, whereas scraping extracts the actual text. See screen capture.
(2) Extracting e-mail addresses or other data from websites or search engine results. The data may be sold to spammers or criminals, or it may be reorganized and presented on a website along with ads to derive income.