Variant of graze
- to feed on (growing grass, herbage, a pasture, etc.)
- to put livestock to feed on (growing grass, herbage, etc.)
- to tend (feeding livestock)
- to feed on the pasturage of (land)
Origin: Middle English grasen from Old English grasian from base of græs, gærs, grass
- to feed on growing grass, etc.
- to snack all day instead of eating regular meals
- to eat small portions of different foods, as appetizers or samples of entrees
- grazer noun
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.