- land with grass growing on it, used for grazing; pasture land
- land or region where grass predominates; prairie
Sunset over the grasslands.
The definition of a grassland is an area with grass growing on it.
An example of a grassland is a prairie.
An area, such as a prairie or meadow, of grass or grasslike vegetation.
- There is an estimated county total of seasonally inundated grassland of 481 acres, the proportion which is grazed is unknown.
- A hawk made a wide swing across the grassland and then suddenly dived, jerking up at the last second, its great wings straining as it pumped back into the air with added weight.
- Except where they rise in the fens they call into life a strip of fertile grassland in the midst of the barren sand, and are responsible for the existence of many villages along their banks.
- "Yes, always first both on the grassland and here," answered Rostov, stroking his heated Donets horse.