Hugh doesn't mind skimming the leaves in his pool because it helps keep him fit.
- Skimming is anything that has taken off the top of a liquid.
An example of skimming is the fat taken off of a broth after it has cooled.
- Skimming is defined as taking something off of the top.
- An example of skimming is getting the leaves out of the pool.
- An example of skimming is taking a few dollars each time you make a sale.
- A portion that has been skimmed from a liquid.
- An embezzlement fraud in which the information on a credit card is copied, usually when the owner uses the card to make a purchase, and is then loaded onto a fake card to be used fraudulently.
skimming - Computer Definition
Copying account numbers and passwords during legitimate transactions; for example, looking over the shoulder of someone withdrawing from an ATM machine or while authorizing a credit card in a restaurant in a back room.
- He started skimming through one stack of oils.
- Skimming it, her gaze settled on the last line of the first page.
- She met his gaze, emotions skimming through her eyes.
- Among the activities she was engaged in: skimming money out of his accounts.
- When he broke contact, Lana pulled his head back to hers, her hands skimming over his shoulders before she undid the top two buttons on his uniform.