- a person or thing that skims
- any utensil used in skimming liquids
- any of a family (Rynchopidae) of long-winged shorebirds that use their elongated lower bill to scoop up food while skimming over water
- any of a family (Libellulidae) of large dragonflies that hover low over ponds, ditches, etc.
- a hat, usually of straw, with a flat crown and a wide, straight brim
- One that skims, such as a large perforated spoon used in skimming liquids.
- A light, usually straw hat with a stiff wide brim and a flat shallow crown.
- Any of several chiefly coastal seabirds of the genus Rynchops, having long narrow wings and an elongated lower mandible that is used to skim the water's surface for food, especially the black skimmer.
- Any of various dragonflies chiefly of the family Libellulidae, often found near lakes and ponds.
- A device, usually resembling a machine for making electronic transactions, that illicitly copies the information on a credit card for use in skimming frauds.
top: copper spoon
bottom: straw hat
- A device that skims.
- A person who skims.
- Any of three species of bird in the genus Rynchops of the family Laridae, that feed by skimming the surface of water bodies with their bills in flight.
- Any of several large bivalve shells, sometimes used for skimming milk, such as the sea clams and large scallops.
skim +"Ž -er