- that flies or can fly
- moving as if flying; moving swiftly; fast
- like flight through the air
- hasty and brief: a flying trip
- of or for aircraft or aviators
- organized to act quickly, as in an emergency: a flying squad
- Of or relating to aviation: a flying time of three hours between cities.
- Capable of or engaged in flight: The bat is a flying mammal.
- Situated, extending, or functioning in the air: a flying deck.
- a. Swiftly moving; fleet: played the difficult passage with flying fingers.b. Done or performed swiftly in or as if in the air: crossed the goal line with a flying leap.
- Brief; hurried: took a flying glance at the report.
- Capable of swift deployment or response; extremely mobile.
- Nautical Not secured by spars or stays. Used of a sail.
- Flight in an aircraft or spacecraft.
- The piloting or navigation of an aircraft or spacecraft.
- Present participle of fly.
- An act of flight.
fly + -ing