- An example of grounded is someone who reacts calmly in a crisis.
- An example of grounded is a shoe repair shop in business for twenty five years.
- An example of grounded is a flight crew who cannot fly until the fog has cleared from the airport.
The definition of grounded is someone or something stable, sincere, practical or firmly established, or an aircraft or pilot that is being kept from flying.
- firmly established
- practical or realistic
- natural, sincere, etc.
- stable, secure, etc.
- kept at home, and forbidden to engage in social activity, as a punishment
- Elec. connected directly to the earth or some other electrical ground: said of electrical wires, circuits, motors, etc.
(comparative more grounded, superlative most grounded)
- simple past tense and past participle of ground