- Based is used with a location and is defined to show where something is situated.
An example of based is to add it after the word "London-" to show that a company has headquarters in London.
- The definition of based means having something as its major element.
An example of based used as a suffix is in the phrase "milk-based," which means a product that has a significant amount of milk in it.
- based on; having as its basis: paper-based, milk-based
- based in or at (a specified place); having headquarters in or at: space-based weapons, a Cleveland-based company
(comparative more based, superlative most based)
- founded on; having a basis; often used in combining forms
- That was a soundly based argument.