- The definition of built is someone that is very beautiful or physically very attractive.
An example of someone who is built is a swimsuit model.
- Built is defined as something which was constructed, or is the past tense of to build.
An example of built is the action taken to create a birdhouse.
- Having a specified physique: a heavily built boxer.
- a. Informal Having a well-developed or attractive body: a dancer who is really built.b. Vulgar Slang Large-breasted.
- (informal) well-built
- (obsolete) Shape; build; form of structure.
- the built of a ship
Variant of build
transitive verbbuilt or Archaicbuilded, building
- to make by putting together materials, parts, etc.; construct; erect
- to order, plan, or direct the construction of
- to make a basis for; establish: to build a theory on facts
- to cause to be or grow; create or develop: often with up: to build good will, to build up a business
Origin of buildMiddle English bilden ; from Old English byldan, to build ; from base of bold, a house, akin to Old Norse bua: see bondage
- to put up a building
- to have a house, etc. built
- to be in the business of building houses, etc.
- to increase in amount, force, etc.; grow or intensify: often with up
- to depend or be based (on): this theory builds on others
- to make more desirable or attractive: to build up a product by advertising
- to erect many buildings in (an area)