- The definition of built is someone that is very beautiful or physically very attractive.
An example of someone who is built is a swimsuit model.
- Built is defined as something which was constructed, or is the past tense of to build.
An example of built is the action taken to create a birdhouse.
built definition by Webster's New World
built definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Having a specified physique: a heavily built boxer.
- Informal Having a well-developed or attractive body: a dancer who is really built.
built - Phrases/Idioms
Variant of build
- to make by putting together materials, parts, etc.; construct; erect
- to order, plan, or direct the construction of
- to make a basis for; establish: to build a theory on facts
- to cause to be or grow; create or develop: often with up: to build good will, to build up a business
Origin: Middle English bilden ; from Old English byldan, to build ; from base of bold, a house, akin to Old Norse bua: see bondage
- to put up a building
- to have a house, etc. built
- to be in the business of building houses, etc.
- to increase in amount, force, etc.; grow or intensify: often with up
- to depend or be based (on): this theory builds on others