- The return to a fully conscious state after a psychedelic experience.
- The collision of a ship with ground beneath the surface of the water.
- The permanence of aircraft on land because of government action.
- (electrical engineering) The interconnecting metal chassis/frame of a device, appliance, machine, or metal raceway via a designated conductor to earth at the Service Panel. The conductor may be bare or covered (with green plastic which may have a yellow stripe (US).) This conductor does NOT carry current in normal operation.
- The absorption of energy through visualized "roots" descending from oneself into the ground, using Qi.
- The act by which a child is grounded (forbidden from going out).
- Present participle of ground.
grounding - Computer Definition
The process of connecting a circuit or system to an electrical ground to carry current safely away in the event of an electrical surge or an internal fault that connects a high voltage source to the exterior of the device. Grounding also is used to complete an electrical circuit from an electrical shield, thereby carrying electromagnetic interference (EMI) away from a wire or cable. The shield connects to a ground wire, or drain wire, that connect to a ground rod or some other conducting rod or pipe that connects to the ground. See also current, EMI, and ground.