Two automobiles after a collision.
- An example of collision is when one car strikes and hits another.
- An example of collision is when there is a conflict between people of two different cultures because of their different backgrounds and viewpoints.
The definition of a collision occurs when two things crash into each other, or when two opposing ideas come into conflict.
- the act of colliding, or coming together with sudden, violent force
- a clash or conflict of opinions, interests, etc.
Origin of collisionMiddle English from Late Latin collisio from past participle of Classical Latin collidere: see collide
- An act of colliding; a crash.
- A condition of opposition or conflict between two or more people or things: the collision between management and labor.
- Physics A brief dynamic event consisting of the close approach of two or more particles, such as atoms, resulting in an abrupt change of momentum or exchange of energy.
Origin of collisionMiddle English from Late Latin collīsiō collīsiōn- from Latin collīsus past participle of collīdere to collide ; see collide .
- An instance of colliding.