- The definition of collide means to crash into something or to have conflict.
- Running full speed into a sliding glass door is an example of to collide.
- Getting into a heated political debate is an example of to collide.
intransitive verbcol·lid·ed, col·lid·ing, col·lides
- To come together with violent, direct impact.
- To meet in opposition; conflict: “an unlikely foray by an industrial conglomerate into the terrain where entertainment and merchandising collide” (Laura Bird).
Origin of collideLatin collīdere : com-, com- + laedere, to strike.
(third-person singular simple present collides, present participle colliding, simple past and past participle collided)