- the act of coming to shore or of going or putting ashore
- a place where a ship or boat takes on or unloads cargo or passengers
- a platform at the end of a flight of stairs
- the act of alighting, or coming to the ground, as after a flight, jump, or fall
- a. The act or process of coming to land or rest, especially after a voyage or flight.b. A termination, especially of a voyage or flight.
- A site for loading and unloading passengers and cargo.
- landings An amount of fish or shellfish harvested in a particular place during a particular period.
- a. An intermediate platform on a flight of stairs.b. The area at the top or bottom of a staircase.
- Present participle of land.