- the act, manner, or power of flying or moving through space
- the distance covered or that can be covered at one time by an airplane, bird, projectile, etc.
- a group of things flying through the air together: a flight of birds, arrows, etc.
- a military flight formation
- the smallest tactical unit in an air force; specif., in the U.S. Air Force, a subdivision of a squadron
- an airplane scheduled to fly a certain route at a certain time
- a trip by airplane or spacecraft
- an outburst or soaring above the ordinary: a flight of fancy
- a set of stairs, as between landings or floors
- a flight arrow
- Sports a division of contestants grouped according to ability
Origin of flightMiddle English fliht from Old English flyht (akin to Old Saxon fluht, Dutch vlucht) from base of fleogan, fly