- a lining, often decorative, sewn on the inside edge of a garment or on a part that is turned back, as a collar
- any material used for this
- a covering of contrasting material to decorate or protect a building, brick wall, etc.
- the trimmings, collar, and cuffs of certain military coats
See facing in American Heritage Dictionary 4
a. A piece of material sewn to the edge of a garment, such as a dress or coat, as lining or decoration.
b. Material used for such a lining or decoration.
- An outer layer or coating applied to a surface for protection or decoration.
Learn more about facing