- a lining, often decorative, sewn on the inside edge of a garment or on a part that is turned back, as a collar
- any material used for this
- a covering of contrasting material to decorate or protect a building, brick wall, etc.
- the trimmings, collar, and cuffs of certain military coats
- a. A piece of material sewn to the edge of a garment, such as a dress or coat, as lining or decoration.b. Material used for such a lining or decoration.
- An outer layer or coating applied to a surface for protection or decoration.
(comparative more facing, superlative most facing)
- (rail transport, of points and crossovers) diverging in the direction of travel.
- The most external portion of exterior siding.
- (sewing) Fabric applied to a garment edge on the underside.
- (metalworking) A powdered substance, such as charcoal or bituminous coal, applied to the face of a mould, or mixed with the sand that forms it, to give a fine smooth surface to the casting.
- (military, in the plural) The collar and cuffs of a military coat, commonly of a different colour from the rest of the coat.
- (military, chiefly plural) The movement of soldiers by turning on their heels to the right, left, or about.
- Present participle of face.