The definition of challenging is something that is difficult and intriguing.
An example of challenging is a tough research project about an interesting subject.
Requiring the full application of one's abilities, attention, or resources: a challenging role for an inexperienced performer; a challenging homework assignment.
- Present participle of challenge.
- You are challenging me already.
- As if challenging his statement, the bay jerked his nose up and sucked in a breath.
- At the base they checked in with Fred and Donnie, who were doing fine without them, so they moved to even more challenging terrain.
- There was no point challenging him, though.
- "You have never understood the danger in challenging me," he stated.