- The definition of intriguing is something that creates curiosity or interest.
An example of intriguing is the first line of a novel that makes you want to read the whole book.
intriguing definition by Webster's New World
- intriguingly adverb
Variant of intrigue
- to carry on a secret love affair
- to plot or scheme secretly or underhandedly
Origin: French intriguer ; from Italian intrigare ; from Classical Latin intricare: see intricate
- to bring on or get by secret or underhanded plotting
- to excite the interest or curiosity of; fascinate: the puzzle intrigued her
- Archaic to trick or perplex
- Obsolete to entangle
- an intriguing; secret or underhanded plotting
- a secret or underhanded plot or scheme; machination
- a secret love affair
- intriguer noun