The definition of alluring is someone or something that is highly attractive, tempting or enchanting.
An example of someone who is alluring is a beautiful woman.
tempting strongly; highly attractive; charming
- Present participle of allure.
- The action of the verb allure.
(comparative more alluring, superlative most alluring)
- Having the power to allure.
- She wore no makeup but some alluring perfume made her smell like heaven.
- He smelled of his own musk and darkness, an alluring mix that made her blood burn.
- His somber gaze was alluring – probably because he was unaware of how attractive it was.
- The large expenditures of the French canal company made the department singularly alluring to corrupt officials of the central government, and Panama suffered severely before the liquidation of the company in 1889.
- The offer met with no response, Austria having received from the allies vaguely alluring offers that she might arrange matters as she desired in Italy and South Germany.